Share To Social Media
Colour cosmetics are the colourants and ingredients used across many of our day-to-day personal care products - make-up, skin care, personal hygiene, hair care, fragrance and oral care applications.
The colour cosmetics market can be broken down into four key areas:
· Face: foundation, blushers, highlighters, bronzers, creams and powders, loose and pressed powders and mineral powders
· Eyes: eye shadows, eyeliners, eyebrow pencils, mascara and mineral powders
· Lips: lipsticks, glosses, liner pencils, plumpers, pots and palettes
· Nails: nail varnishes and polishes, hardeners and strengthens, bases and topcoats.
Globally, the colour cosmetics industry is growing…
According to Mintel (2019), here’s some of the top markets for colour cosmetics based on retail market value…
· 41% of US females are interested in multi-purpose colour cosmetics products
· 66% of UK females (16-24) want more information about which cosmetics products are environmentally friendly
· 41% of Chinese colour cosmetics users are influenced by celebrity beauty bloggers and vloggers to buy products
From these trends, as consumers continue to demand more from their personal care products, colour cosmetics formulators are responding by adopting a hybridisation strategy; multi-benefit ingredients. Such ingredients encompass not only the aesthetic benefits of enhancing the face, but also provide genuine benefits to the areas in which they are applied (e.g. anti-aging and UV protection) and have a positive impact on the environment.
The UK colour cosmetics market has been growing, year-on-year, since 2012.
Currently, the colour cosmetics industry in the UK is valued at £2.1 billion and further growth is expected – up to an estimated value of £2.31 billion in 2023.
Here’s a selection of ‘Sandream Impact’s’ innovative pigments…
“A pigment is a material that changes the colour of reflected or transmitted light as the result of wavelength-selective absorption”.
In partnership with Sandream Impact, Surfachem distribute a range of vibrant colour cosmetic ingredients. From emulsifiers and emollients, to active ingredients, we’ve got all the speciality ingredients for your future colour cosmetics products.
Want to know more about more about our innovative colour cosmetics speciality ingredients? Get in touch with us by email firstname.lastname@example.org or on our social media channels (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram).
Sources: Mintel Market Sizes, Mintel GNDP
Wednesday, 18 September 2019